Monday, October 12, 2009

Cape Town Day 5


Our last full day in Africa was pretty low key. It had been a full few days prior of late nights and really early mornings so I spent time cleaning my cabin and getting my life back in order before going out to the waterfront again. Doing some shopping, sitting at a café having a GREAT bowl of soup and watching people go by and writing out a few postcards.

I have gotten to the point in the voyage where I could really use a weekend. Don’t get me wrong, my job is pretty easy and my days are not difficult but sometimes you just need a day or two to be in your apartment to watch some TV, catch up on personal e-mails, make some phone calls and the such. Well on the ship you are either working or in port. The ship is a totally different place while in port- as it should be. It is calm and quiet (and the internet is much faster) but I feel guilty not spending every moment I have off the ship. Anyway, that morning I made peace with it and allowed myself the opportunity to sleep in and get a few things done. Oh! It was also a bit cold and rainy that day so that only played into my 'stay in my cabin' mood.

I tried to rally the troops to go out that night for our last night in Cape Town but the troops were weary and we had plans to hike Table Mountain the next day so I was asleep a bit before 10pm. I think my body was trying to tell me something.

No comments:

Post a Comment